Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introduction to the Programmable Archivist

The intent of the blog is to present some ideas and solutions I have come up with for using technology in archival processing. The hope is that you, the reader, will be able to make use of some of my ideas, suggest other ideas or options, and point out ways to make my programming better. From time to time I will certainly present questions, rather than solutions in the hope that some reader will have the solution I need.  I am not a programmer by training and programming is not the main component of my job, but I do some programming in order to make my job as a Technical Services Archivist easier and to assist the Reference Archivists. What I include here will not always, or even usually, fit the technical definition of programming. I simply intend to document some of what I do to facilitate archival work. Most of what I include on this blog will be for Microsoft Access and VBA. On occasion I may include Microsoft Excel, EAD, XSLT, and whatever else comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment